Scottish Government Launch Zoo & Aquarium Conservation Project Fund – 17/02/2021
Added: 23 Feb 2021
This week the Scottish Government launch a new Zoo and Aquarium Conservation Project Fund. If you are a zoo or aquarium in Scotland and are experiencing financial hardship which is specifically affecting your conservation projects, you may be able to apply for a grant of up to £400,000 per project to continue them.
The eligibility criteria are:
- the project is for the conservation benefit of native Scottish species
- the project is for promoting or developing understanding of scientific matters
- all reasonable actions have been taken to minimise costs while maintaining conservation project objectives such as the coronavirus job retention scheme, business rates holiday, tax deferral, statutory sick pay rebate, etc
- the project has budget monitoring and forecasting
- the organisation is in possession of a current full licence or dispensation under the Zoo Licensing Act 1981, or have been inspected and granted an exemption under the Zoo Licensing Act 1981 due to your small size
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday 10 March.
For more information, click here.