Cafe Assistant (Temporary)
Organisation: National Mining Museum Scotland
Salary: £8.91 ph
Location: Newtongrange, Midlothian
National Mining Museum Scotland is an independent trust and the national body responsible for the preservation and interpretation of Scotland’s Mining Heritage. The museum holds a collection of objects of national significance and is on the site of the Lady Victoria Colliery, built in the 19th Century, in Newtongrange, Midlothian.
The museum offers a wide range of activities and events to a diverse audience of local, national and international audiences. The visitor experience includes access to the collections through tours and exhibitions, an award winning education programme and an inviting shop and café area.
PURPOSE OF POST
To assist in the café of the National Mining Museum Scotland, which will include; preparation of and serving food, creating menus, assisting with orders and stocktake. The post holder will be part of the front of house team and the role will be customer facing, which will require a high standard of customer service and engagement.
1. Act as a front of house server for the café and in-house functions; includes preparing hot drinks and serving food.
2. Be customer focused at all times; approachable and quick to exceed expectations in fulfilling customer needs.
3. Ensure that customers receive a prompt and efficient service and expectations are met.
4. Ensure that food storage areas are maintained in accordance with the museum’s Food Safety Management System, Healthy and Safety and Environmental policies and procedures.
5. Adhere to the museum’s Food Hygiene, Health and Safety and Environmental policies.
6. Adhere to cash handling and the museum’s financial regulations.
7. Assist in the preparation and cooking of menu items as set out in the daily menu.
8. Assist with café stock taking when required.
9. Ensure stock, deliveries and wastage are all checked and recorded in line with company and food standards.
10. Assist with food orders.
11. Cleaning duties including keeping café, serveries and kitchen clean and tidy at all times, in accordance with required standards.
12. Be a team player, assisting other team members when necessary.
13. Flexible working required and ability to work weekends.
14. Be aware of locking up and security procedures on site and other regulatory policies such as health and safety and fire regulations.
15. Be available for training updates on food hygiene standards and similar areas when required.
PLEASE SEE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND PERSON SPECIFICATION FOR MORE INFO. APPLICATIONS SHOULD COMPLETE THE NMMS APPLICATION FORM AND RETURN IT TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: Saturday 31/07/2021