Community Engagement Manager
Organisation: National Galleries of Scotland
Salary: £37,105 - £41,526 per annum pro rata
This post will oversee the community engagement work of the department across programmes ensuring best practice in the approach, delivery and legacy. The post will work with colleagues to identify areas of community engagement work that have the potential for further development and growth, and will effectively articulate, plan and champion this. The post will also support, and at times lead on, specific community engagement partnerships and projects within NGS with an initial focus being the overview of The Art Works community engagement strand. This will include the line management of the programme officer and advising on strategic alignment and sustainability of the programme.
The post will be a key part of the management team within the department and will support and progress the strategic direction of the Learning & Engagement department where Equality, Diversity and Inclusion and Health and Wellbeing are two key priorities. The post line-manages part of the team and will undertake management duties as required to ensure the smooth running of the department. The post reports to the Head of Learning and Engagement and will work alongside the Deputy Head of Learning and Engagement: Exhibitions & Collection.
1. To oversee and provide management support to the community engagement work of the department across programmes ensuring best practice in the approach, delivery and legacy.
2. To identify areas of community engagement work within the department that have the potential for further development and roll-out, and effectively articulate, champion and progress this.
3. To support specific community engagement partnerships and projects within NGS with the initial focus being the management overview of The Art Works community engagement programme.
4. Line-management of programme coordinators (provisionally schools, outreach, families, The Art Works Community Engagement Officer) and oversee their respective programmes.
5. Budget planning and management.
6. To assist the Head of Learning and Engagement in the overall operational management of the Department and support strategy development and implementation and any other duties as reasonably required.
Application Deadline: Sunday 06/03/2022