Organisation: National Galleries of Scotland
Salary: £25,350 - £27,687
SUMMARY OF ROLE
The Daskalopoulos Curator of Engagement is temporarily taking leave from the National Galleries of Scotland. The role of Daskalopoulos Digital Producer is designed to cover a specific number of tasks, focusing on research into, and the commissioning of, future Digital Content.
Working collaboratively across teams, in line with the principles of NGS’s strategy, the Daskalopoulos Digital Producer will contribute to the planning and development of digital content programmes and in-gallery interpretation.
This will include research into blended digital/physical exhibition models as well as content that will potentially inform any future physical offer.
Working closely across Collection & Research and Digital teams, the post will support a University of Edinburgh Guided Research Placement, working with the cohort of 5 students to support the development of interpretation.
● Project-manage production of content and managing external agencies, content creators, in line with content and audience strategies.
● Liaise with colleagues, artists and relevant stakeholders on the development of different digital content and other forms of interpretation. Undertaking research for the development of content relevant to specific target audiences, while meeting organization’s strategic aims.
● Supervise volunteers and trainees as projects require, with a particular focus on the University of Edinburgh Guided student research placements.
● Research and distil best practice in interpretation (including digital initiatives), ensuring outcomes are disseminated appropriately.
● Write briefs and procure suppliers for the delivery of original content according to schedules and content calendars.
● Maintain best practices for publishing across platforms, implementing editorial guidelines, and ensuring accuracy, usability, and a consistent voice
● Create audience-focused content (written format and multi-media) to be published across channels and in-gallery.
● Assist with the development of standards, operational practices and quality control associated collection content for NGS digital media systems and rights management.
● Liaise with external content suppliers, rights-holders and key stakeholders for large-scale digital projects.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 30/06/2021