Internal Communications Officer
Organisation: National Galleries of Scotland
Salary: £25,350 - £27,687
Full Time, Fixed Term for 6 months (03/10/22 to 31/03/23)
Salary £25,350 – £27,687 (Band 6)
You will help engage our colleagues with our new brand, recently refreshed strategy, and evolving ways of working through creative and inclusive internal communications and internal engagement activities. You will play a key part in keeping our colleagues connected with one another and with our organisational purpose, and in supporting an open and collaborative working environment.
We have just under 400 employees with a wide variety of roles, working patterns, skills, and experience. Around half our team works in visitor-facing roles, welcoming people into our galleries and shops. Others spend their time mainly behind the scenes, whether that’s directly working with our collection or delivering operational activities that keep us running smoothly and moving forward.
We’re looking for a proactive, imaginative, and skilled communicator who can help ensure our internal communications deliver real value for all our people and for our organisation. Your duties will involve:
• Working with the Internal Engagement Manager to design and pilot new or improved two-way channels for engaging with our visitor-facing colleagues in a way that works for them and their roles.
• Organising, writing, and helping to deliver an established suite of regular internal communications, including manager briefing notes, email news digests, leadership video messages, written and video-based intranet content.
• Organising and running some editions of our monthly online all-colleague briefings, including facilitating a question-and-answer style discussion, with training and support from the Internal Engagement Manager.
• Supporting creation and delivery of colleague engagement activities, events, and materials, in digital, print and/or face-to-face formats, with a focus on bringing our new brand to life internally and implementing new internal templates as we build to the external launch.
• Liaising with internal stakeholders on internal communications and engagement plans and content, including senior leaders.
• Writing, creating, and distributing internal communications on major projects or operational developments in collaboration with key departments, such as HR.
• Supporting consistency across all internal communications activities by providing advice to colleagues on our brand guidelines and coordinating a calendar of internal activities across the organisation.
• Supporting the wider Marketing and Communications team as required.
Application Deadline: Sunday 31/07/2022