Social Media Creative Content Executive
Organisation: Mercat Tours
Salary: £10.50 p/hr
Mercat Tours are looking for a friendly, enthusiastic, creative and driven person to join our marketing team.
We’re inviting people who care about visitors first and last, are passionate about our beautiful city, relish a challenge and will thrive working with our great team.
Purpose and Role;
· Create, schedule, and monitor social media content across our Facebook page, Groups, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and TikTok accounts that aligns with the wider marketing calendar, tone of voice, brand guidelines, and KPIs.
· Develop and manage an annual social media calendar that aligns with content pillars, seasonal themes, and wider organisational goals.
· Produce compelling and consistent creatives; copy, images, graphics, and video that reflects our storytelling experience.
· Boost Facebook posts in-line with marketing budgets to reach relevant audiences and increase engagement.
· Work with the Sales & Marketing team to promote and convert sales of storytelling experiences and events and attend bi-weekly and monthly meetings with the marketing and wider business teams.
· Respond to and engage with our visitors on social media. Aim to build and encourage a community of advocates, giving them reasons to visit and return.
· Maintain community engagement and interact with business partners, influencers and charities on social media to maintain and build relationships.
· Respond to and keep up with emerging trends and themes on social, such as trending Twitter and Facebook hashtags.
· Collaborate with our Marketing team on optimising and testing post times, content styles, video length, and copy as is relevant for each platform.
· Assist in influencer outreach and inviting relevant influencers to key tours / events.
· Support copy and content for our weekly email campaigns.
· Share ideas on how to improve Mercat’s services, develop new business, and help drive the growth of Mercat in a positive, sustainable future as part of our dynamic team.
· Work as a positive, supportive member of our great team.
Your Skills and Strengths;
· Demonstrable experience of social content creation both in terms of graphics and video across a range of social media platforms within a professional background.
· Experience with the following software and platforms or similar is essential; Hootsuite, Canva, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier Rush, and Animoto.
· Experience using an e-mail marketing platform such as MailChimp is desired.
· Detailed, passionate, and creatively ambitious.
· Professional standards of written, image, and video-led communications.
· A love for social media, trends, hashtags, innovations, and social best practices.
· Excellent organisational skills for time management and forward planning.
· Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
· Experience of working within tourism would be beneficial.
· Friendly, energetic and helpful. Someone who thrives working in a team.
· Passion for high quality product and visitor experience.
· Commitment to be the best you can be.
· Sense of humour!
· Permanent role, flexible hours
· Part-time role
· 14hrs per week minimum guaranteed
· Working week Monday to Sunday
· 3 month probationary period
· We are a Living Wage employer offering £10.50 p/hr
· Your personal development and training is core to your time with Mercat
· Bike to work scheme https://www.bike2workscheme.co.uk
· Access to ASVA card https://www.asva.co.uk
· Access to company holiday home
· Annual discretionary bonus
Application Deadline: Friday 11/02/2022