Visitor Assistant Supervisor Security & Visitor Services Full-time, Permanent Salary £23,771 - £24,825 per annum (Band 7) Plus generous benefits package
Organisation: National Galleries of Scotland
Salary: 23,771 - 24,825
Every day we create connections with our visitors and our colleagues. From world class art to extraordinary buildings, we have plenty to inspire people.
If you have supervisory experience working in a public facing role using excellent customer service and communication skills, we want to hear from you. We’re looking for an experienced Supervisor to lead and motivate a team of approximately 20 Visitor Assistants working across all four of our amazing Galleries based in the heart of Edinburgh.
You’ll be part of our enthusiastic and dedicated team responsible for enabling our visitors to explore, experience and enjoy the National Galleries of Scotland.
As the Visitor Assistant Supervisor, you will lead by example providing an exceptional welcome and seize all opportunities to grow income by encouraging donations, promoting the benefits of membership, and selling tickets for exhibitions.
THE DIFFERENCE YOU’LL MAKE
In all that you do, you’ll support the delivery of an exceptional visitor experience through strong and motivational line management. Working with the Duty Manager you will:
• Assist in managing the team respond to visitor enquiries and feedback (in person, by phone and via email).
• Provide direction to your team to ensure the best possible welcome and experience every time we engage with our visitors and colleagues.
• Supervise and develop the Visitor Assistants to deliver against income targets for donations, Friends scheme recruitment and ticket sales.
• Create efficient and effective staff rotas to ensure the team are resourced and equipped to deal successfully with enquiries and customer engagement.
• Assist in creating a culture of creativity and commercial awareness.
• Communicate effectively and proactively across departments, gathering, and sharing information with other visitor-facing colleagues.
• Follow departmental cash handling procedures and perform accurate reconciliations.
• Ensure all customer data is collected in line with GDPR and our guidelines.
Application Deadline: Tuesday 06/12/2022