Visitor Services Assistant - Food & Beverage/Admissions
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Brodick Castle
Brodick Castle is an idyllic island destination and visitor attraction on the Isle of Arran. As one of the Visitor Services team, you’ll ensure that all visitors receive an excellent visitor experience and leave feeling inspired by this stunning property and its history. This person is frequently in contact with visitors and as such is an ambassador for the Trust, exhibiting consistently excellent customer services while actively promoting the Trust’s aims and services.
To always provide a consistently high standard of visitor care when:
• Welcoming visitors to the site and processing their admission/retail or food & beverage purchase in a friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable manner.
• welcoming visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Equality Act
• Welcoming International visitors and aiding with specific needs.
• Welcoming groups in an efficient and warm manner
• Answering visitors’ queries about the site, education facilities and the local area;
• Providing information about the site, its history, contents, offers and merchandise;
• Promoting National Trust for Scotland brand to include our Membership scheme, events, upselling other properties and any promotional campaigns, being proactive in the selling of Membership and Gift Aid.
• To always maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation –
• The general ongoing operational cleaning of all areas as necessary.
• Ensuring site is ready to open and welcome visitors by the set opening time.
• Wearing correct uniform, name badges, or PPE as required.
• reporting all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to your line manager.
• Working in harmony with other departments; housekeeping, Gardens team, Admissions, Retail, and site repair employees/contractors.
Application Deadline: Sunday 18/02/2024