Visitor Services Assistant - Kitchen Porter
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Culzean Castle
Here at National Trust for Scotland’s beautiful Culzean Castle we are looking for energetic, cheerful, and hard-working individuals to join our amazing Food and Beverage team.
We are looking for a Kitchen Porter to assist the kitchen team in the day-to-day operation of the Food & Beverage outlets at Culzean Castle to ensure that all targets are met, and all visitors receive the highest level of visitor experience standards.
Core hours will be the minimum hours available, with the opportunity to work additional hours to suit the needs of the business. Must have full flexibility and weekend availability, hours will be issued on a weekly rota basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Cleaning and sterilising countertops, kitchen walls, stoves, ovens, grills and sinks.
• Cleaning the entire kitchen once it is closed to ensure it is ready for the next day.
• Maintaining the food storage areas like freezers and refrigerators.
• Receiving deliveries and organising them in the kitchen.
• Washing dirty dishes like cutlery, pots, cutting boards and pans or loading dishes into the dishwasher.
• Removing kitchen waste from waste containers and disposing of them properly.
• Cleaning and maintaining cooking equipment like cookers, pots and food mixers.
• Supporting the Chef in basic food preparation like cutting ingredients, peeling and washing food items
• Providing assistance to Prep Cooks and other kitchen staff, as needed.
• Maintain accurate and current legislation records: HACCP, COSHH checklists and temperature sheets.
• Ensure the highest standards of kitchen hygiene, cleanliness, tidiness and related schedules are adhered to.
• Share in the common responsibility of implementing the Trust’s “Health & Safety Policy”, being mindful at all times of the health and safety of self, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
• Share in the common responsibility of working in a manner mindful of the Trust’s obligations to minimise impact on the environment, through e.g., efficient use of water/heat/light, recycling and the disposal of waste, considered use of transport.
• Help to reduce occurrences where Health or Safety of yourself and other employees may be put in jeopardy.
• Adherence to the COSHH Training provided and control of substances covered by COSHH.
• Involvement in the upkeep and maintenance of both the entire department site and, specifically, the F&B outlets.
Application Deadline: Sunday 11/02/2024