Visitor Services Assistant - Retail
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Culloden Battlefield is an iconic historic site within the heritage and tourism sectors enjoying a high national and international reputation as shown by the 80% of visitors who visit the site from overseas. Culloden Battlefield & Visitor Centre which has museum accreditation status houses an important historic collection.
As a member of the Retail team you are on the front line delivering the income that allows the National Trust for Scotland to look after Culloden Battlefield. Your role will support the retail team in receiving and processing stock deliveries, ensuring all deliveries are processed in a timely manner, safely and with attention to detail.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
To ensure Culloden Battlefield Gift shop goods are received and processed correctly, duties including but not limited to:
• Manual handling of boxes.
• The correct utilization of the Trust EPOS and Midas Systems; accurate barcoding of stock.
• Managing paperwork and reporting any discrepancies to Visitor Services Manager
• Be responsible and proactive. Ensuring all day-to-day tasks are completed.
• Working with the team to ensure accurate stock management.
• Be able to take responsibility for your own development and learning.
• Have a flexible approach to working hours and days including working weekend and Bank Holidays as required.
• To work across departments when necessary, supporting the wider Culloden Cluster team
• Adhering to the property’s quality standards including wearing of uniform.
• To adhere to the Trust’s Health, Safety and Environment policies and guidelines. This includes working within the property’s “Safe System of Work” (the system for managing Health & Safety).
• The current duties of this job do not require criminal records (Disclosure Scotland) check to be carried out.
Application Deadline: Sunday 18/02/2024