Visitor Services Assistant - Retail/Admissions
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Brodick Castle
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Brodick Castle is an idyllic island destination and visitor attraction on the Isle of Arran. As one of the Visitor Services team within the castle, you’ll ensure that all visitors receive an excellent visitor experience and leave feeling inspired by this stunning property and its history. This will be achieved through being welcoming; engaging and knowledgeable; prepared to answer visitors’ questions about objects, stories of the castle and its family and the NTS. This person is frequently in contact with visitors and as such is an ambassador for the Trust, exhibiting consistently excellent customer services while actively promoting the Trust’s aims and services.
The post holder will also assist the Visitor Services Manager and Visitor Services Supervisor with the busy retail operation inside the castle. This includes:
• Ensuring the highest level of customer care at all times.
• Actively seeking new opportunities for retail development to enhance both the visitor experience at the property and the contribution it makes to the property’s overall income stream.
• Actively participating in the operation of the retail area, including (but not limited to):
o Opening/closing procedures
o Maintenance of a pleasant and safe retail environment
o Stock ordering and control
o Counter service
o Cash handling/reconciliation
o Reporting of income/statistics
o Administration and banking
o As required, maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of the retail area
o Ensure that the retail strategy and budget is managed and delivered
• Embracing all organisational training required to be taken as part of the role.
• Processing admissions and memberships for visitors as required.
• Sharing in the common responsibility of implementing the Trust’s “Health & Safety Policy”, being mindful at all times of the health and safety of self, staff, volunteers, and visitors.
Application Deadline: Sunday 18/02/2024