Visitor Services Assistant - Welcome
Organisation: The National Trust for Scotland
Salary: £22,672 pro-rata, per annum
Location: Brodie Castle
Here at National Trust for Scotland’s beautiful Brodie Castle we are looking for energetic, friendly, and confident individuals to join our amazing welcome team this summer. No previous experience is needed, we would just love to hear from people who can interact and chat with our guests and make them feel welcomed and valued from the minute they arrive until we wish them farewell. This role is vital in providing an amazing welcome in all areas of the offer here at Brodie Castle, helping our visitors have a fantastic experience and create wonderful memories.
Based in the Castle, Welcome Centre or Car Park, your role is to make a great day out truly exceptional for our guests. You’ll help us maximise all charity income opportunities through excellent customer service, product knowledge and taking a pride in everything we do, as well as inviting visitors to support our work through membership.
This role also includes conducting guided tours of the Castle for groups of up to 25 people. You will shine a light on the fascinating history of the Brodie Family and the Castle they lived in through warm and enthusiastic story telling.
• Provide excellent customer service to all who choose to visit.
• Be responsible and proactive. Ensuring all day-to-day tasks are completed as instructed.
• Welcome customers to the property by providing information on the site and facilities.
• Lead tours of the Castle and Grounds which tell the stories of the past, present and future of Brodie Castle.
• Help manage car park arrivals, process payments and give site orientation
• Work with the Visitor Services Managers and property staff to deliver targets and other KPI’s.
• Handling cash accurately and processing sales.
• Working closely with the Visitor Services Manager and property staff to ensure perpetually high levels of accuracy are maintained for stock inventories.
• Actively drive-up selling opportunities through strong product knowledge and an excellent customer service with a strong focus on membership and retail.
• Working with the Visitor Services Manager and property staff to ensure high standards of display, preparation, serving and merchandising at all times.
Application Deadline: Sunday 25/02/2024